As a volunteer, you should be receiving a special e-bulletin chock full of updates just for you.
If you are not receiving your bulletin or are interested in signing up to volunteer, please contact Vanessa Muñoz, Program Director, at email@example.com or (305) 573-6665 Ext. 230
Here are highlights from our latest Volunteer Bulletin:
PRE-SERVICE TRAINING FOR NEW VOLUNTEERS*
In-Class Training Dates: Saturdays, January 28th and February 4th (participation on both Saturdays is required)
Deadline to apply:
* An observation of the Citizen Review Panel program and a pre-training reading curriculum must be completed prior to the in-class training
- Volunteers must commit to one full week day of service per month for a minimum of one year. Volunteers must be at least 25 years of age and have earned a minimum of a high school diploma or its equivalency.
- Service on a citizen review panel is sensitive, complex, emotional and intensive work. Volunteers must be able to read lengthy documents at a fast pace and understand specialized health and mental health reports. Volunteers must have the capacity to work as a team, interview individuals about sensitive issues, participate in group discussion and decision-making, and think critically.
- Much of the contact between FFCR and its volunteers is via the Internet in the form of e-newsletters and emails. It is critical that volunteers have access to the Internet on a regular basis in order to be informed of schedule changes, new program information and resources.
For more information contact Vanessa Muñoz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please click here for the Fostering Connections Training Calendar for November – December 2015.
2014/2015 PANEL CHAIR MEETINGS
Panel Chair Meetings take place from 6:00 – 8:00 p.m. in FFCRs Main Office: 4500 Biscayne Blvd., Suite 100. Panel Chairs should mark their calendars with these dates:
- Tuesday, February 9, 2016
- Thursday, May 12, 2016
- Wednesday, September 14, 2016
- Thursday, December 1, 2016
Resources and links of interest to our volunteers:
Master Trust Fact Sheet
Children’s Bureau Express Spotlight on Trauma-informed Care
National Citizens Review Panels Virtual Community at the University of KY School of Social Work
Florida’s Center for the Advancement of Child Welfare Practice
Child Welfare Information Gateway